• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 1 pound), cut into 2-inch pieces
• Freshly ground pepper
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning
• 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
• 1 cup long-grain rice
• 2 cups chicken stock or low-sodium broth
• 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
Method of preparation:
• In a large, deep skillet, heat the oil until shimmering. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and cook over moderately high heat, turning once, until browned, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
• Add the onion, pepper and garlic to the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, about 6 minutes. Add the adobo seasoning and chile powder and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the rice and cook, stirring constantly, until well coated and just beginning to brown, about 1 minute. Stir in the stock, black beans, chicken, bring to a boil over moderately high heat. Cover and cook over moderately low heat until the rice is tender and the chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes, then fluff the rice with a fork and serve.